Non-ABC images are automatically sourced from Discogs , a community-built database of music information. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Robert Keith "Bobby" McFerrin, Jr. (born March 11, 1950) is an American vocalist and conductor. He is best known for his 1988 hit song "Don't Worry, Be Happy". He is a ten-time Grammy Award winner. He is known for his unique vocal techniques, including giving the illusion of polyphony by singing an accompaniment alongside the melody, making use of percussive effects and making large jumps in pitch; as well as improvising much of his performed music, including melody, chords and sounds in a form of scat singing. He is nearly unique in having performed and recorded regularly as an unaccompanied solo vocal artist. However, he also collaborated frequently with other artists, from both the jazz and classical worlds. Life: McFerrin was born in Manhattan, New York City, the son of operatic baritone Robert McFerrin and singer Sara Copper. He attended Cathedral High School (Los Angeles) and the California State University, Sacramento. McFerrin married Debbie Green in 1975. They have three...
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit Bobby McFerrin on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- The Mozart Sessions, 1996
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow, 1993
- Medicine Music, 1990
- Play, 1992
- Circlesongs, 1997
- Spontaneous Inventions, 1986
- VOCAbuLarieS, 2010
- Simple Pleasures, 1988
- Bobby McFerrin
- Mouth Music, 2001
- How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin & How the Camel Got His Hump, 1985
- The Elephant's Child, 1987
- Bobby's Thing, 1988
- Paper Music, 1995
- The Voice, 1984
- Essential: Bobby McFerrin, 2011
- Bang! Zoom, 1996
- Hush, 1991
- EMI Jazz Masters: Bobby McFerrin, 1997
- Konzert für Europa: The Schönbrunn Concert, 2005
- Beyond Words, 2002
- The Best of Bobby McFerrin: The Blue Note Years, 1996
- Spirityouall, 2013
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the Bobby McFerrin page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Recently Played on ABC Jazz.
|Album||Blue Note Plays Bossa Nova|
|Song||Even From Me|
1 person has recommended
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Our default Flash video is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the video in your own player.
- YouTube Sing Day of song Bobby McFerrin Improvisation 7:04
- YouTube Bobby McFerrin Dont Worry Be Happy 4:04
- YouTube Bobby McFerrin The Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra My Audiobiography 2012 99:09
- YouTube Bobby McFerrin crowd I Can See Clearly Now LIVE in Kaunas 2:31
- YouTube Bobby McFerrin Ive Got a Feeling 3:02