Jessica Williams (born March 17, 1948) is an American pianist and composer who has deep roots in jazz. She has been called "one of the top jazz pianists of today." History: Williams was born in Baltimore, Maryland. She began her music career young, taking piano lessons at the age of four and began classical training at the Peabody Conservatory of Music when she was seven. She moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania during her teens and began playing with the quintet of Philly Joe Jones, the former Miles Davis drummer. In 1977, she moved to San Francisco, California, where she played in various house bands, such as for Eddie Harris, Dexter Gordon, Tony Williams, and Stan Getz. She also became the house pianist for Keystone Korner. She recorded for Candid, Fantasy, Timeless, Concord, Jazz Focus, Hep, and MaxJazz record labels. She began her own label in 1997, called Red and Blue Recordings, on which to release her own original material. She also owns her own publishing company, JJW...
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit Jessica Williams on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- The Art of The Piano, 2009
- Live at Maybeck Recital Hall, Volume 21, 1992
- The Victoria Concert
- Intuition, 1995
- In the Key of Monk
- Steps, 2006
- Jazz in the Afternoon, 2000
- Jessica's Blues
- Live at Yoshi's Volume 2, 2005
- Blue Fire, 2000
- Some Ballads, Some Blues, 2001
- Songs for a New Century, 2008
- Arrival, 1996
- A Song That I Heard, 1994
- This Side Up
- Higher Standards, 1997
- Nothin' but the Truth, 1986
- Touch, 2010
- For John Coltrane, 2007
- Maybeck Recital Hall Series, Volume Twenty-One, 1992
- Billy's Theme: A Tribute to Dr. Billy Taylor, 2006
- Virtual Miles, Volume 1, 2007
- And Then, There's This, 1990
- Ain't Misbehavin', 1999
- Live at Yoshi's Volume 1, 2004
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the Jessica Williams page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Recently Played on ABC Jazz.
|Song||As Time Goes By|
|Album||This Side Up|
|Song||I Remember Dexter|
|Album||This Side Up|
1 person has recommended
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Our default Flash video is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the video in your own player.
- YouTube They Call Me The Queen Of Fools Jessica Williams Passion Records 1983 5:37
- YouTube Jessica Williams jazz pianist plays Body and Soul 6:10
- YouTube Jessica Williams jazz pianist plays My one and only love 7:37
- YouTube Jessica Williams jazz pianist plays her composition Love and Hate 9:07
- YouTube Queen Of Fools Jessica Williams 1979 8:25