John Douglas Surman (born 30 August 1944) is an English jazz saxophone, bass clarinet and synthesizer player, and composer of free jazz and modal jazz, often using themes from folk music as a basis. He has also composed and performed much music for dance performances and film soundtracks.
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit John Surman on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- Flashpoint: NDR Jazz Workshop - April '69, 2011
- Private City, 2008
- Brewster's Rooster, 2009
- Morning Glory, 1973
- Cloud Line Blue, 2004
- Free and Equal, 2003
- Coruscating, 2000
- Selected Recordings, 2004
- Rain on the Window, 2008
- A Biography of the Rev. Absalom Dawe, 1995
- Where Fortune Smiles, 1971
- Thimar, 1998
- Upon Reflection, 1979
- Adventure Playground, 2001
- Invisible Nature, 2002
- The Amazing Adventures Of Simon Simon, 1981
- Nordic Quartet, 1995
- Apartment #5C, 2002
- Way Back When, 2005
- Proverbs and Songs, 1997
- Saltash Bells, 2012
- John Surman, 1968
- Open Space (The Down Beat Poll Winners in Europe), 1969
- Road to Saint Ives, 1990
- Ambleside Days, 1992
- The Amazing Adventures of Simon Simon
- Selected Recordings [:rarum]
- Westering Home, 1972
- Withholding Pattern, 1985
- Such Winters of Memory, 1993
- The Spaces in Between, 2007
- The Brass Project, 1993
- The Dawn Sessions, 1999
- In the Evenings Out There, 1993
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the John Surman page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Recently Played on ABC Jazz.
|Song||On Staddon Heights|
1 person has recommended
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Our default Flash video is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the video in your own player.
- YouTube John Surman edges of illusion 1979 13:16
- YouTube John Surman How Many Clouds Can You See 1969 45:47
- YouTube John Surman Portrait of a Romantic 7:04
- YouTube John Surman Nestors Saga 10:53
- YouTube Anouar Brahem John Surman Dave Holland Kernow 14:43
Our default Flash audio is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the audio in your own player.