Win Medeski, Martin and Wood tickets
John Medeski (keyboard), Billy Martin (drums) and Chris Wood (bass) have performed together for nearly 20 years and are known for their improvisational style that is influenced by hip hop, soul, funk, and the jam bands of the 1960's.
They play two shows for the Sydney Festival, proudly supported by ABC Jazz - City Recital Hall on January 27 @ 9pm and The Famous Speigletent on January 28 @ 5:30pm.
For your chance to win a double pass:
Tell us three jazz musos you'd like to see combined as a trio, and why...
Competition closed. Winners announced shortly.
The five most creative entries will each win one double pass to the City Recital Hall performance on January 27.
Entries close 11:59pm AEDT Friday January 8. Prize is tickets only, you must be able to get yourself to the City Recital Hall in Sydney.
Competition Terms And Conditions
1. The promoter is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation of 700 Harris Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007 (ABN 52 429 278 345) (“the Promoter”)
2. The competition is open to all residents of Australia except employees of the ABC and their immediate families. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organization.
3. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Only entries that comply with these terms and conditions will be eligible to win. By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry to the competition is free and only one entry per person is permitted. Competition starts at 9am on Friday 18 December 2009 AEST and ends at 11:59pm AEST on Friday 8 January 2010. Any entry received after that date and time will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
5. Entries submitted to the Promoter must:
1. Provide the entrants name, contact details and answer;
2. be submitted via the online entry form found on this website
6. Entrants must complete all required fields of the online entry form or the entry will be deemed invalid.
7. The five entries judged by the Promoters’ panel of judges to be the best, most original and creative will each win a a double pass to the event. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
9. Each entrant warrants that all details provided with his/her entry are true and accurate and the entrant will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties
10. Each entrant agrees that the Promoters may use the entry and any personal details provided in any manner the Promoters choose and in any media. The personal details of the entrant may be disclosed to State and Territory departments and the Prize Winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. The ABC's privacy policies are available at www.abc.net.au/privacy.htm.
11. Decisions of the Promoters and its panel of judges are final. Prize Winners will be notified directly from Monday 11 January.
12. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoters conduct of this competition or the Promoters ability to deliver the prize to the Prize Winner, the Promoters may, at their absolute discretion, cancel this competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
13. The prize winner accept and use the prize at his/her own risk.The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the competition or any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.The prize winner may be required to sign a legal release a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
14. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
15. Prize is tickets only. The winner must provide their own transport to and from the event.