A playlist and listen-again audio are available for 1 month by clicking the play button above after the broadcast.
These relatively compact improvisations were recorded almost like live performances, and we'll hear one of the most memorable pieces as the centrepiece of this week's show. Plus music from some newly anointed jazz GRAMMY winners, and a pair of vintage recordings featuring Danish bassist Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen.
Tracks in this program
1. ‘There Will Never Be Another You’ - Liam Budge
CD: Liam Budge, 2012
2. ‘Zamurka’ - Hermine Deurloo
CD: Living Here, 2016
3. ‘Most of All’ - Hazmat Modine
CD: Extra-Deluxe-Supreme, 2015
4. ‘Blue in Green’ - Charlie Haden & the Liberation Music Orchestra
CD: Time/Life (Song for the Whales and Other Beings), 2016
5. ‘Blue Mountain’ - The Necks
LP: Unfold, 2017
6. ‘Tones’ - Divergence Jazz Orchestra
CD: Fake It Until You Make It, 2016
7. ‘Don’t Lose Your Steam’ - Gregory Porter
CD: Take Me to the Alley, 2016
8. ‘I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry’ - John Scofield
CD: Country for Old Men, 2016
9. ‘Mood Indigo’ - NHOP & Mulgrew Miller
CD: The Duo – Live!, 2000/2016
10. ‘Green Grass’ - Thomas Clausen
CD: Rain, 1980/2012
11. ‘Generosity’ - Origami
CD: The Usefulness of Art, 2013
12. ‘Tocororo’ - Alfredo Rodriguez
CD: Tocororo, 2016
13. ‘Walking Home’ - Hermine Deurloo
CD: Living Here, 2016
Presenter: Jessica Nicholas
Be the first to Recommend
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Listen againAudio has expired.
The Necks are an experimental jazz trio from Sydney, comprising Chris Abrahams on piano and Hammond organ, Tony Buck on drums, percussion and electric guitar, and Lloyd Swanton on bass guitar and double bass. The band, who are also well known in Europe, play improvisational pieces of up to an hour in length that explore the development and demise of repeating musical figures. Live...
This entry is from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit The Necks on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.