A playlist and listen-again audio are available for 1 month by clicking the play button above after the broadcast.
On the album, Nguyen Le joins forces with a young Vietnamese singer and multi-instrumentalist, along with guest artists like jazz trumpeter Paolo Fresu. It makes for an intriguing world-jazz hybrid, as you'll hear on this episode. We'll also dip into the new album from Tasmanian pianist Tom Vincent, and pay tribute to two artists we lost earlier this month: Larry Coryell and Al Jarreau.
Tracks in this program
1. ‘Immer Geradeaus’ - Larry Coryell
CD: Tricycles, 2004
2. ‘Tomorrow Today’ - Al Jarreau
CD: Tomorrow Today, 2000
3. ‘The Graceful Seal’ - Nguyen Le & Ngo Hong Quang
CD: Ha Noi Duo, 2017
4. ‘Non Ti Scordar Di Me’ - Paolo Fresu & Daniele di Bonaventura
CD: In Maggiore, 2015
5. ‘Que Sera’ - Tamara Kuldin
CD: Love, Longing & Lullabies, 2016
6. ‘Not Too Chabby’ - Ronan Guilfoyle Trio
2016 Wangaratta Jazz Festival (ABC Jazz recording), 2016
7. ‘Indiana’ - Tom Vincent
CD: Blues in America, 2017
8. ‘From One Island to Another’ - Branford Marsalis & Kurt Elling
CD: Upward Spiral, 2016
9. ‘Euro’ - Mick Rossi
CD: 160, 2016
10. ‘Open Circle’ - Andrew Sterman
CD: Wet Paint, 2011
11. ‘Blues for Al’ - Mike Stern
CD: All Over the Place, 2012
12. ‘Silver Lining’ - Mike Stern
CD: These Times, 2003
13. ‘Slow Motion’ - Tim Rollinson
CD: Nitty Gritty, 2016
14. ‘Une Fille’ - Sean Foran
CD: Frame of Reference, 2016
15. ‘Mra Khali’ - Julian Arguelles
CD: Let It Be Told, 2015
16. ‘Puddit’ (Put It Where You Want It) - Al Jarreau
CD: Tomorrow Today, 2000
Presenter: Jessica Nicholas
Be the first to Recommend
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Listen againAudio has expired.
Nguyên Lê (Vietnamese: Lê Thành Nguyên; born 14 January 1959 in Paris, France) is a French Jazz musician and Composer of Vietnamese ancestry. His main instrument is guitar, and he also plays electric bass guitar and guitar synthesizer. He has released numerous albums, both as a leader and as a sideman. His 1996 album Tales from Viêt-Nam blends jazz and traditional Vietnamese music. Nguyên...
This entry is from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit Nguyên Lê on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.